Teaser for Tutu (Malicious Gods: Egypt) BL Maxwell

Here's a sneak peek!

 

Tutu (Malicious Gods:Egypt) Coming SOON!

The demon was close; he thought he could hide from me, but none of them could. My tattoos burned as they awakened to alert me of the foul creature. I walked behind a warehouse on the edge of the small city and followed his trail as if it were illuminated. The sound of a struggle put me in motion before I even had time to think about it.

“Stop, what are you doing?”

“You’re about to find out.”

The odd voice gurgled a wet sound on every word, and I knew without seeing his face I’d found the demon I had been tracking. A shout of horror followed by a tearing sound told me I might be too late. I hurried around a corner in time to see a human torn in two. Both halves disregarded as though they were nothing more than an old wadded-up newspaper.

“I’ve been waiting for you, demon hunter.”

The sound of his voice—all wet and disgusting—brought my senses alive. He still hadn’t faced me, instead remained hunched over one of the body parts, not moving. I tried to guess which demon he was, but sometimes it didn’t matter. I knew by the smell and size of him he was a water demon, but I wasn’t sure which one yet. I really hoped he wasn’t one of the nastier ones.

He rose up, his skin stretching and tearing to reveal his true form as he moved.

“Utopiec, you made a mistake coming to ground so near where I was.” I slid my blade from its sheath but kept it concealed behind my back.

The creature turned to face me, his dark, slick skin glinting in the streetlights, and his rows of pointed teeth on full display.

“Tutu, how many centuries has it been?” The sound of his voice reminded me of water spilling down a drain.

“Do not speak my name, demon.” I drew my blade and made sure he saw it. His smile dimmed, no doubt feeling the power emanating from it.

“You have no right to be here, we were given free roam here.”

“By who? Surely the humans would not allow such an abhorrence.”

His eyes darted around as he realized leaving this street wasn’t an option. “There is no escape. Now, you have a choice: return to the depths of darkness on your own, or I’ll help you along.” I stepped closer, and he retreated a few steps.

A car passing at the end of the street drew my attention for a split second, and that was all he needed. Dropping down, he slithered on his stomach toward a sewer grate. As I ran with knife drawn, a door to one of the warehouses slid open. A man stepped out and seeing the demon, he yelled and tried to scramble back inside.

Utopiec changed course and ran for the man. His eyes were wide in shock as he hurried to slide the door shut, but just before it was completely closed, the creature forced his way in, and with a slash of his claws, he’d killed another.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Release! The Slow Death by BL Maxwell and Nic Starr

Better Together Universe Boxset

Get Stone Hearts for 99c until March 13